Wednesday, July 18, 2012

San Francisco: Ferry Building Marketplace

Our last stop for this US trip is one of my favorite states-- San Francisco! 

Mom's friend picked us up from the airport and took us straight to the Ferry Building Marketplace for lunch! 

The Ferry Building is a beautiful, historical structure which they have converted into, as its name suggests, a marketplace wherein you can find all types of gourmet products. It is a foodie's dream. Really.  

You can find a list of their merchants here

We tried the coffee at Blue Bottle Coffee Co. We got intrigued because people were really lining up for it. I am in love with their logo. :)





I love the presentation, that leaf is really beautiful! Haha, however, I'm not such a fan of the coffee. I don't know if I ordered the wrong kind or if my palate is  just used to coffee that's really sweet.


Another store that caught my eye was Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker. They sell all types of chocolates from baking products to candies. Each bite of their chocolate is REALLY rich! I bought some to give as pasalubong to friends. 

  


This store caught my eye because of the logo. I love the font too! Didn't get the chance to go inside and check their products, but they sell artisan cheese. My dad would have loved this store!



Took a photo of this chalk board. It is my dream to become a well known chalkboard artist. :)


Stonehouse California Olive Oil offers different flavors of olive oils such as Lisbon Lemon, Roasted Garlic, Blood Orange, etc. Interesting, right? They also sell Balsamic Vinegar! The packaging is also lovely!


And my favorite store of all, Far West Fungi!! Truffle Lovers MUST visit this store! I bought a bottle of truffle salt, which I love! I regret not buying a bottle of truffle oil. They also have truffle pates and mustard. 

I wish we had this here in the Philippines! Food always tastes better with truffle! Haha




Get your tummies ready and make sure to check they Ferry Building Marketplace next time you're in San Francisco! :)

1 comment: