Thursday, May 24, 2012

New York, New York!

It has been exactly 10 years since I last visited New York, but it has always remained as one of my favorite places in the world! I love cities and it just feels like New York is the mother of all cities! Har har! :)  Shopping is also good but quite expensive. 

Here are just some of the things we did here. 6 days is just too short! 

1. Outlet shopping in Woodbury Common
With over 220 Outlet Stores, this is probably the best place to go shopping in New York! You can find everything here from the most casual brand such as Nike, to the expensive luxury brands such as Gucci and Valentino! 

From a 24 hour flight (and with hardly any sleep), we went straight to Woodbury Common. That's how good it is. 




2. Take a walk around Central Park.
Oh you will need more than a day for this! There's so much to see and do in Central Park! What we did was we took a map, figured out where we were, and chose an area to visit. 

My friend chose the Strawberry Fields--the memorial to John Lennon. I know close to nothing about music, and I really thought we were heading to a field of strawberries! haha




We walked a bit and saw the lake. Would've loved to take a boat ride here!





3. Take the subway.
Hah! I felt like a real New Yorker after I figured how to get from one place to another in a Subway. hahaha It's not scary at all, though I don't think I would want to ride one late at night! 


4. Don't miss Times Square!
Well it would be pretty hard to miss, as this is usually the first stop for tourists! All the big stores are here!!



There's a big M&M's World store in Times Square!



You can customize your M&Ms from the color to the print!


Right across M&M's World is a Hershey's store! So cute, I bought a Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream syrup! Yum!!!


We also went inside the Disney Store and Toys R Us. I LOVE ALL THINGS CUTE!!! Gaahhhh I especially wanted everything inside the Disney store! 



I went slightly crazy when I saw the HUGE Forever 21 store that I didn't even bother taking pictures! haha 



5. Watch a Broadway show
This is really a must! We watched Wicked, and it is SO nice!!! It's a little expensive but it really is worth it. 


6. Take a walk from Times Square to 5th Avenue
It isn't that far from each other, and you would see quite a lot on the way! 

We passed by Rockefeller Center on the way to 5th Avenue. I would love to see this place around Christmas time. I'm sure it would be beautiful!





7. Visit Grand Central Station
We took the subway going here. It is really beautiful, and... well... grand! hahaha There's an old American vibe to the place. I love it!


And there's an Apple Store inside! haha




And there's that suspicious looking lady. No, I am not trying to take your photo. You are just in the way! haha

8. Try the cupcakes! Crumbs, Magnolia... What else is there?
My favorite is definitely Crumbs cupcakes. The Sea Salt Caramel is a must try! It's fudgy, chocolate-y, sweet and just a little bit salty! So good-- I'm drooling just thinking about it! 






Gaaahhh I LOVE NEW YORK!!! There's just so much to do in this city! 6 days is definitely not enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment